The management of fishery resources include:
- Planning for the management of fish;
- Defining spatial units;
- Setting the rules for the sustainable use of fish (angling) ;
- Tasks related to the preservation of a favorable status of fish and the achievement of a good ecological status;
- Fishing in commercial ponds and fish farming;
- Records of freshwater fisheries and reporting;
- Professional training of employees of fishery management providers;
- Damages and compensation due to the death of fish;
- Riverkeeping service, public services;
- Other freshwater fishery-related issues; and
- The granting of concessions for fisheries management in the fisheries regions.
For the implementation of fisheries management the state may grant a
concession. The grantor is the Republic of Slovenia, its function is on
behalf and for its account and is performed by the Government.
Fisheries management includes:
- Implementing measures for preservation of favorable status of fish,
- Sustainable use of fish,
- Keeping prescribed records and reporting,
- Professional training for fishermen,
- Performing overseeing tasks of the riverkeeping service
- Performing of tasks and activities at fish kills and
- Other, important fish management tasks.