Fishing season: from 1.4. to 31.10.
Description of boundaries: The Soča River from the source to the bridge in village Čezsoča with the tributaries of Lepena and Koritnica.
Permitted to fish within: The Soča River from the bridge on the road to the village Vas na Skali to the bridge in Čezsoča with the tributaries of Lepena and Koritnica (from the confluence of the Soča River to the bridge at Kluže):
- Catch and release part: from the bridge on the road to the village Vas na Skali to the confluence with Lepena and from the bridge in Kršovec to the bridge Čezsoča, complete/entire Lepena and Koritnica from the bridge at Kluže to the confluence of the Soca,
- Catch and take part: from the confluence with Lepena to the bridge in Kršovec.
Permitted fishing methods: - fly fishing - fishing with a fly rod and one artificial fly and single barbless hook
Permitted daily catch: 2 salmonids, of which only one marble trout. Only one salmonid over 50 cm.
The minimum fish length and fishing season:
- Marble trout 40 cm, from 1.4. to 30.9.
- Grayling landing is not allowed!
- Brown trout, with no minimum length, from 1.4. to 31.10.
- Rainbow trout with no minimum length, from 1.4. to 31.10.
- cross Marble and brown trout, with no minimum length, from 1.4. to 30.10.
Type of fishing licenses: Fishing permits are for 1 day for the members and non-members of RZS, 3 days only for non-members of RZS, for 7 consecutive days ‘all catch and release’ districts, for various districts ‘all catch and release’ districts, and annual fishing licenses for members and non-members of RZS.
Sales points for fishing permits:
- Ribiška hiša, Kal-Koritnica 35, 5230 Bovec, tel: 031/824-101
- Alp Hotel, Trg Golobarskih žrtev 48, 5230 Bovec, Phone: 05-3886-040
- Kamp Klin, Lepena 1, 5232 Soča, Phone: 05-3889-513
- Fisheries Research Institute of Slovenia, Sp. Gameljne 61a, 1211 Ljubljana- Šmartno, Phone: 01-2443-400
- Online purchase of daily fishing permits at https://www.ribiskekarte.si/en/zavod-za-ribistvo-slovenije/soca-4
Fishing species in Soča river
|Salmonidae||Marble trout||Salmo marmoratus
|Salmonidae||Marble and brown trout cross||S. marmoratus x S. trutta f. fario|
|Salmonidae||Rainbow trout||Oncorhynchus mykiss
|Thymallidae||Grayling - landing is not allowed!||Thymallus thymallus
|Salmonidae||Brown trout||Salmo trutta fario|