Identification of species composition;
- Identification of species distribution;
- Determining the age with a method of reading otoliths;
- Evaluation of abundance indexes (catch per unit of fishing effort, biomass, density);
- Evaluation of catches and discards of Slovenian fishing vessels;
- Evaluating stocks of economically important species (conducted within the framework of international cooperation).
Monitoring of angling resources with bottom trawl (since 1995);
- MEDITS - International research with bottom trawl in the Mediterranean (1995);
- MEDIAS - Mediterranean Acoustic Survey (since 2007);
- SOLEMON - Assessment of the stock of sole (Solea solea) in the northern and central Adriatic and evaluation of the impact of different fishing activities (since 2009);
- Biological sampling of landings (since 2006);
- Assessment of by-catches and discards (since 2006);
- Exploring the biological and ecological characteristics and seasonal dynamics of some economically important fish species in Portorož fishing reserve (from 1.10.2010 to 30.9.2013);
- Assessment of retained catch from non-commercial (sport and recreational) fishing;
- Logbooks (ship diaries) and landing declarations of Slovene fishing vessels (since 2005).